After my first pass on Vasilisa, I feel I'm looking at someone dressed in bright interesting colors yet is supposed to have been through the wastelands.
In the same breath, the wood grain got a little too faded thanks to over-applying the dark Walnut brown glaze by accident.
So first up to fix: that cloak - too bright a purple. So I mixed the base color (Ceramcoat Purple Smoke) with a little Dirty Grey for a heavy glaze to dull it down. Conversely, I took a little of the wood grain base (FolkArt Teddy Bear Tan) with a brighter yellow (FolkArt Buttercup) to punch it up in the muddy areas.
I started working a plaid design that I figured was appropriate for all the half cloaks I'd seen. I wanted something detailed but not really interesting, like a tartan. Using the colors I already on the figure I pulled a pattern together on my pallette.
The tricky part was applying the stripes in a realistic way that clothing hangs - especially since I've broken her cloak into two pieces. I found a pic or two that was a little helpful, but getting a good 180° view was night impossible. Time to just put brush to figure and wing it.
I eventually got something that was okay.
The pattern by the arm holding the spool (not yet attached) was messy. The lines didn't meet up exactly and I had to flub it a little. It's noticeable to me, though not sure it's as obvious to others.
Here's she is on the base. Front side...
.... and backside.